Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Historical Reflections

If I could choose any one Historical figure to come back to life so that I could run into them at college, I would choose Abraham Lincoln. There are several reasons for my choice of historical figures. I have always admired Abraham Lincoln for his perseverance and continuous effort to make something possible even when all of the odds are against him and when he is told he wont be successful. As Lincoln said himself,"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."

I would also want to show him how much things have changed from the time that he was president, because I think that he played a huge role in the anti-Slavery movement that made things the way that they are today.
I think that Abraham Lincoln would make a good professor, because he has proven that he is a very powerful leader and can positively influence a large amount of people. I think that Lincoln's wise ideas about life could be used to educate and give students a better view on life. For example, Lincoln once said "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." Quotes like this bring me to the conclusion that Lincoln would be a very successful college professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment