Monday, June 21, 2010

Semester Reflection Part 1

Working in a Project-Based environment can be both benificial and challenging. In a project based environment you are given much more freedom, you are given an opportunity to use your personal creativity and motivation to produce a quality product. This is benificial because it gives you an opportunity to use your personal interests and creativity to produce something that will be graded based on your full potential of talent, rather than recieving the same assignment as everybody in your class and being graded on your percentage of correct answers. This also gives you more of a motivation to do well on assignments, because you are given a chance to show your own personal talents. This is also challenging because the freedom that you are given can make it easy to procrastinate and choose the easy way out, two things that must be avoided.

Internship was by far the most valuable experience of my Junior Year. My internship experience at Pro Peninsula taught me many things. I gained direct insight on what it's like to work in the real world, and to be working for a large orginization in which your work will affect the lives of many peope, not just your own grades. Not to mention I now know how to edit a website, use photoshop, create a poster for an event, and work with children. Internship also really changed the way I looked at things. I interned in a field of work that I had never been interested in, and had never considered working in the future. But after working there, I became much more interested in that field of work and it is a type of job that I am considering working in sometime in the future.

One academic challenge that I was faced with this year was transitioning to using computers as the basis for all of my schoolwork. I have always been horrible with computers and have encountered many issues with images and videos that have failed to load, conflicting security and password settings, emails that have failed to send, and more. I also don't always have internet at home, which was a struggle for me because the majority of the time it is necessary to have access to internet in order to do homework. I often had to go to the library to complete my homework because I wasn't able to do it from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment