Monday, June 14, 2010

Literary Reflections

If I could bring any one character to life from a book that we have read this year , it would be a Tralfmadorian from the novel Slaughterhouse Five. A Tralfmadorian is an extraterrestrial being from the book Slaughterhouse Five who can see the whole span of time, and believes that there is no free will and everything that will happens is already predetermined. Out of all of the characters in all of the books that we have read, I chose a Tralfmadorian because he would have a viewpoint on life that is the complete opposite of mine, and is more interesting to me than any of the other characters that we have read about this year.
There aren't very many roles that a Tralfmadorian can play at a college, but I would have him as my roomate. If I lived with a Tralfmadorian, he could answer any questions that I have about the past or future, which could be infinitely benificial. I would want to learn more about the Tralfmadorian view on life, time and free will. I would also give him insight about how differently people see things on earth. I would want to be able to see things from a Tralfmadorian perspective, because I don't believe in their ideas of no free will and I would like to see it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment